THANK YOU to the great companies who donated items for our celebrations this week. We are excited to share these items with our members in one way or another! A few of the items will be added to our lending library so attendees can try them out. The rest will be either given away at the events this week or raffled off as a fundraiser.
As a volunteer, nonprofit group, this is the only time of the year we do any fundraising. Purchasing raffle tickets supports our organization’s ability to pay for meeting spaces (if needed), new carriers for our lending library, and pay for printed information to give to caregivers interested in babywearing. And at the same time you’ll have an opportunity to win SPECTACULAR gifts! It’s really a win-win situation for all of us!
We have received generous donations from businesses we LOVE, both locally and online. First we’re introducing you to these businesses, then we’ll get to the goodies and show you the raffles 🙂
Cygnus Lactation: Cygnus is also kind enough to offer meeting space every month: http://www.cygnuslactation.com
New Mother New Baby: They are also kind enough to offer their meeting space for our celebration on Saturday: http://newmothernewbaby.com/
ADIO Chiropractic in Libertyville: http://www.adiochiropractic.info/
Sustain.able Sprouts and ColorDip Studio combined: http://www.facebook.com/groups/117673998314080#!/photo.php?fbid=192950244115426&set=a.147149585362159.33142.146971635379954&type=3&theater
Your Baby Booty: http://yourbabybooty.com/ (link to her site)http://www.amazon.com/Going-MotherLand-things-know-journey/dp/0984334726/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316451583&sr=8-1
Now on to the fun stuff… I know a few of you have been patiently waiting for the fundraising raffle!
Payment instructions are listed at the bottom. Good luck!!
1. 95.00 Gift Certificate to Cygnus Lactation in Mundelein. This can be used to pay for a basic breastfeeding consult, or towards anything in her store. She carries breast pumps and supplies, has various classes, carries nursing bras (and her new Elomi line is GORGEOUS), mother love products, maya wrap ring slings, catbird baby mei tais, moby wraps, etc. http://www.cygnuslactation.com
2. A bottle of BIOFREEZE (pain relieving roll on) and a half hour massage from ADIO Chiropractic in Libertyville: http://www.adiochiropractic.info/
3. Sustain.able Sprouts and ColorDip Studio combined donated this Natibaby wrap it is bamboo/linen blend and was professionally dyed by CDS:http://www.facebook.com/groups/117673998314080#!/photo.php?fbid=192950244115426&set=a.147149585362159.33142.146971635379954&type=3&theater
4. Babyette has donated this pretty purple gauze wrap. It’s a great wrap for warmer weather babywearing!
5. RedCharlotte has donated a pair of baby carrier suck pads of your choice from her store. She has some really cool prints that you can choose from, just take a look at your options!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/redcharlotte?section_id=7827448
6. Obimama has donated neutral colored pretty linen ring sling:
7. Our Group donated an infantino eco-sash mei tai carrier. It is this pattern (but was paid for from a leader, not donated from the company), it’s a black carrier with this reversible pattern: http://www.infantino.com/product.cfm?product_id=1198
8. Babyette has donated this gold water ring sling. water slings are a lifesaver for the pool if you have an older child!
The Nitty Gritty Details
Now, here’s the deal. Raffle tickets are 3.00 each, or 2 tickets for 5.00. You can purchase raffle tickets from any of the leaders at any events (excluding the farmer’s market Friday). You can also buy them from us if you want to come see us 🙂 Or you can make a gifted donation through paypal and we will enter the tickets for you.
Paypal instructions: For paypal you’ll select “personal” and select “gift” to email@example.com. In the comment section write which raffle item you want to enter. If you want to enter for several items, state how many tickets you want for each item and we’ll split it up for you. We will send you a response to confirm your raffle ticket. You may not see a response right away, but we will respond. Raffle tickets can be purchased until noon on Sunday Oct 16th.
If you don’t live super close, be aware it might take a little time to meet up to transfer the item. If you live in the Chicagoland area I can meet you halfway. If you live farther, or don’t have time to meet up, the item can be shipped if you pay for shipping costs. (we are a nonprofit and this is a fundraiser after all). 🙂