We’re gearing up for International Babywearing Week (IBW), and life is pretty hectic for our group right now. We actually have 9 events planned over 6 days next week! Can you believe it? All of our events are listed on our blog calendar HERE. And we did a preliminary post HERE. We have gotten two packages in the mail from BWI recently, and we don’t want to forget to say THANKS!
THANKS BWI, Moby Wrap, Boba, Slingrings.com, and Comfy Joey!
We are a large group, and we actually have a really nice lending library. But we also have a lot of members who borrow the carriers frequently, and get great use out of their optional membership, so we see a lot of wear and tear from use on them. Between the 4 libraries and around 8 monthly meetings, we’re often running carriers from leader to leader before meetings, to ensure we have adequate carriers for folks to try on at the free meetings! We are really, really thankful for donations of carriers for the library. We appreciate the support as we all help support one another in this parenting (and caregiving) journey.
A few weeks ago, we were sent 3, count them 3 Boba carriers! Boba was kind enough to make a HUGE donation to BWI that was distributed throughout the chapters. We are really grateful for these carriers. We get a ton of requests for Boba carriers in our group, so this was a welcomed package at my doorstep. We received:
- A black Boba stretchy wrap
- A striking blue Boba Air carrier
- A very gender neutral “Safari” Boba version 3G carrier
Much of our group had never seen a Boba Air in person, so we’re excited to hear the feedback from our group on it! They are very well made and well loved carriers. You can find more information about them HERE.
Here’s a quick photo:
Then today, low and behold, another package arrived from BWI. It contained carriers that were donated from sponsors of this year’s IBW Celebration.
- A black MobyGo carrier with a very pretty pattern called “Barberry”.
- A few reusable bags that say “International Babywearing Week 2013 Get Carried Away!” and have logos for peace, love, and babywearing.
- A few coupons included for online retailers, as well as pamphlets that we can give to new attendees at meetings. (I know a few of you missed those recently while we waited for more to arrive).
- Multiple sizes and pairs of slingrings, that we can use with woven wraps to show caregivers additional versatility of wraps, with variations on standard and nonstandard carries.
- Last but not least, a beautiful gray Comfy Joey linen ring sling in “Storm Gray” that has a gorgeous tail accent in “Surf Blue”.
Comfy Joey is Extra Awesome!
We also have an extra thank you for Comfy Joey. They gave a number of lending libraries a 50% discount to purchase carriers this summer. We purchased 3 ring slings, one of each type. We bought:
- A royal blue water mesh ring sling
- A toddler width linen sling (Sipadan Island- teal green linen)
- A regular width linen sling (Sullivan’s Bay- sea green linen)
Here are two of our members rocking CJ ring slings. 😉
If you’d like to find out more information about any of these carriers or accessories, here are the websites that can help you. We’d also LOVE it if you thanked them for their generosity!
Comfy Joey: http://www.comfyjoey.com/index.php